Sunday, November 4, 2012

Perfect Pout?

Recently, I have been obsessed with dark lips.  Anything from red to purple to berry.  I love them all.  Shades of deep purples are IT for the season.  So I went on a quest last week to find the perfect purple for my pout.  But in my quest, I didn't find a purple but a FABULOUS berry!  I fell in love.  That doesn't mean that my search is done, though.  I'm still looking.  So here are a few pointers to find that perfect color just for you.

For my fair skinned beauts: Try a lipcolor that has a blue or pink undertone.  Going straight purple will wash you out and make you look like a ghost.  Try something like Loreal Colour Riche Lipcolour in Sea Fleur 630:


For my loves with medium skin tone:  I'm in your boat.  Usually I'm one to stick to nudes, peaches, or corals. But I while I was browsing around the makeup racks at Ulta, I found the perfect shade of deep berry.  And with me it has to be the PERFECT shade to go dark.  The color is Ulta Lipstick Totally Berried #247:


For dolls with olive skin:  Use a lipcolor that has an slight orange or berry undertone,  There are so many options available to women with olive skin.  Everything looks great on them.  I love MAC Hang-up:




For my lovelies with dark skin:  Being a former consultant for Clinique, I fell head over heels in love with Clinique Almost LipStick in Black Honey.  This color has been around FOR-EVER.  And once you try it, you are sure to understand why.  It's a sheer lipstick that has a violet undertone that warms up the dark skin.  You can also layer it with other colors to create your own signature shade.


These are just a few suggestions.  Let me know what your favorite plum, berry, or purple shade is!  Like I always say; it's all about what makes you feel beautiful, confident and amazing!

Mwah --XOXO

Layne




No comments:

Post a Comment